The innovative techniques in foot surgery
to treat the most common pathologies related to foot pain.
The main characteristics of minimally invasive percutaneous techniques, which I always adopt for forefoot problems, are:
- • No crutches;
- • No need for bed rest during the convalescence;
- • Full flat support with dedicated footwear;
- • No surgical cuts (only tiny cutaneous access points of 2-3 mm);
- • No metallic synthetis devices (at least for me)
- • Absence of post-operative pain (easily managed by drugs);
- • No long work breaks (most job are allowed, like driving the car)
- • No need for night hospitalization (local anesthesia is used, and only if needed a mild sedation);
- • After 4 weeks, medical dressing is removed and normal footwear can be used, with active movements and warm foot baths with amuchin.